vegetarian indian recipe | indian vegetarian recipes | indian food recipe | Vegetable recipes
Bharwa Shimla Mirch (Capsicum Pasanda name given by me ) is a stuffed capsicum curry garnished with gravy.
Cooking Time: 12 min
Preparation Time:20 min
Total Time:32 min
|Capsicum||4-5 small sized|
|Potato, boiled, peeled and mashed||2 medium sized|
|Onion (finely chopped)||1 medium sized|
|Tomato (finely chopped)||3-4 big sized|
|Cumin Seeds (jeera)||2 teaspoon|
|Asafoetida (Hing)||½ tea spoon|
|Coriander powder (dhaniya)||1teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder (Haldi)||½ teaspoon|
|Green chilly (chopped)||2-3|
|Red Chilly Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds (Rai)||1 teaspoon|
|Amchoor Powder||2 teaspoon|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 table spoon|
|Fresh Coriander leaves (finely chopped)||1 tablespoon|
|Grated Paneer||½ cup|
- Heat oil in a kadai, add hing, jeera, rai and when they splutter add green chilly, mashed potatoes into it.
- Fry it and add amchoor powder, red chilly powder, salt and mix it well and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in same kadai, add hing, jeera and when they splutter, add onions.
- After 1-2 minutes, add ginger garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Now add tomato, haldi powder, dhaniya powder, red chilly powder, salt and sauté till it leaves the oil. Cool it and grind it in mixer for smooth gravy.
- Meanwhile, cored the capsicum and remove all the seeds.
- Put all the capsicum in pressure cooker and take little water into it and add some salt (1 teaspoon). Cook it for 1-2 minutes (when pressure forms in cooker, no need of whistle).
- Remove it from the cooker and keep aside to cool.
- Now fill the potato mixture in each capsicum and cover it with capsicum covering. (top portion which is removed for coring.)
- Take oil in same pan and fry capsicum very gently so that potato mixture should not come out.\
- Now place each capsicum in serving plate.
- Add onion tomato gravy all over it.
- Garnish it with paneer, tomato slice and fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve it with hot chapatis.
- It can be served without gravy also, if time is less
vegetarian indian recipe | indian vegetarian recipes | indian food recipe