indian snacks | vegetarian indian snacks | indian snacks recipes
Papdi is a traditional Indian snacks usually loved in chaats.
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
Makes around 30-35 small papdis
|Maida/ All purpose flour||1 cup|
|Sooji/ Rawa||¼ cup|
|Ajwain Seeds (Omam)||1 teaspoon|
|Water (lukewarm)||1 cup (for kneading)|
|Oil||2 tablespoon (to add in the dough)|
|Oil/Refined||4-5 cups (for deep frying)|
- Add flour, refined, ajwain and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix well, then add water little by little and make stiff dough. Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes. Knead again to form smooth dough.
- Smear your palm with little oil.
- Take a small dough and make small small papdis (thin) or, You can take a big lemon sized dough and roll into a big roti. Cut them into small circles with the help of a cookie cutter or any round shaped lid.
- Prick the small rounds with the fork, so that they should not puff while frying in the oil.
- Heat required oil in kadai and hot it. Now simmer the gas.
- Now add papdis in the batches of 7-8 and deep fry on low flame till golden yellow in colour.
- Drain on a tissue, cool down and then store in airtight container.