- Sabudana 1 cup
- Oil 2tbsp
- Cumin seeds (jeera) 1tsp
- Curry leaves 5-6
- Green chili 1 medium size
- Ginger (grated) 1 tbsp
- Peanuts 1/2 cup
- Potato strips 1 cup
- Sendha Namak 2 Tsp
- Coriander Powder (dhaniya) 1/2 tbsp
- Water 1/4 cup
- Lemon Juice 1 tbsp
- Coconut shreds 2 tbsp
How to soak sabudana
- Soak 1 cup sabudana in 2 cups of water.
- Soak at least for 3-4 hrs or overnight.
- Drain excess water and wash again in fresh water.
- Dry sabudana on cotton towel preferably under a fan for at least 2-3 hrs or till sabudana gets completely dry.
Sabudana Khichdi Recipe
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadai. Add 1 tsp jeera, 5-6 curry leaves, 1 green chili, 1 tbsp grated ginger. Fry it for 1 min on medium flame.
- Add ½ cup peanuts. Roast the peanuts.
- Add 1 cup Potato strips. Add 1 tsp sendha namak, ½ tbsp coriander powder. Mix them well.
- Add ¼ cup water and cover the lid. Cook for 5 min or till the potatoes get to cook. Cook on low flame.
- Now add 1 cup sabudana, 1 tsp sendha namak. Mix well. Add 1 tbsp lemon juice and 2 tbsp coconut shreds (optional). Adjust the spice level according to your taste.
- Serve hot with tea.