vegetarian indian recipe | indian vegetarian recipes | indian food recipe
Mixed Vegetable soup is a healthy and tasty recipe of soup.In winters, it is the wonderful recipe loved by all. It is the perfect combination of sweetness and sourness which comes from tomato, sugar and pineapple juice. If you have a cold, this soup is best for you.
Cooking Time: 20 min
Preparation Time: 15 min
Total Time: 35 min
|Cabbage (chopped)||1/2 cup|
|Onion (chopped in cubes)||1/2 cup|
|Tomato (chopped)||1/2 cup|
|French Beans (chopped)||1/2 cup|
|Peas (Shelled)||1/2 cup|
|Carrot (chopped lengthwise)||1/2 cup|
|Capsicum (Green, Red, Yellow)||1/2 cup each|
|Fresh Broccoli (chopped)||1/2 cup (3-4 florets)|
|Mushroom (boiled and chopped)||1/2 cup|
|Baby Corn (cut into rounds)||5-6|
|Pineapple pieces (chopped)||1/2 cup|
FOR THE SAUCE
|Tomato Puree||1 cup|
|Pineapple Juice||1/2 cup|
|White Vinegar||2 tablespoon|
|Vegetable stock or water||1 cup|
|Cornflour mixed with 1 cup of water||1 tablespoon|
|White/Black Pepper||1 teaspoon|
Method for Cooking Vegetables
- Heat butter in a pan and fry all the chopped vegetables for few minutes. Add water in the same pan and boil it for 3-4 minutes.
Method for the Sauce
- Heat the wok or frying pan on a high flame.
- Now add tomato puree in it and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add pineapple juice, vinegar, salt, sugar, pepper and vegetable stock in it.
- When it boils, add cornflour into it. Cook it for the required consistency.
Method for Serving
- Just before serving, put the vegetables in the sauce and bring it to boil for few minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Add some water or vegetable stock to thin down the sauce if it is too thick.