vegetarian indian recipe | indian vegetarian recipes | indian food recipe
Vegetable Pulao is one of the healthiest, easy and quick dish in many kitchens.It is delicious and aromatic because of the spices used.
Cooking Time: 15 min
Preparation Time:20 min
Total Time:35 min
|Coriander seeds||3 tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 tablespoon|
|Bay leaf (tej patta)||3-4|
|Dried Red Chilli||1|
|Roasted Cumin Seed Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Onion (chopped lengthwise)||1|
|Cabbage (chopped lengthwise)||1 cup|
|Carrot (chopped lengthwise)||1|
|Garlic (chopped)||5-6 flakes|
|Paneer pieces||1 cup|
- Fry all the ingredients mentioned for the spices in a oil and grind it into fine powder.
- Now cook the rice along with 4 cups of water (water = 2 rice).
- Now keep aside the cooked rice and allow it to cool.
- Heat a kadai, add 3-4 tablespoon of oil in it.
- Now add all the vegetables to it.
- Fry on high flame till it changes the colour.
- Now add rice to the kadai and mix it gently.
- Add salt to taste and then put grinded masala (grinded masala = twice the salt) and mix it with rice and vegetables.
- Fry it for 5 minutes and then turn off the gas.(spices will be of individual taste)
- Serve hot with dhaniya or lehsoon chutney or curd.