vegetarian indian recipe | indian vegetarian recipes | indian food recipe | Vegetable recipes
Rava Upma is a very tasty and healthy breakfast. It is traditionally a south-indian breakfast but now favorite of almost everyone and made in every regions because it is quick and easy to make and very light in weight, but perfect in vitamins and minerals as it contains lots of veggies.
Cooking Time:5 min
Preparation Time:10 min
Total Time: 15 min
|Carrots (chopped)||1 small sized|
|Green Chilli (finely chopped)||2|
|Rawa (Sooji)||1/2 cup|
|Urad Dal(Skinless)(soaked in water)||1 tablespoon|
|Chana Dal (soaked in water)||1 tablespoon|
|Mustard Seed (Rai)||1/2 tablespoon|
|Red Chilli Powder||To Taste|
|Water||1 1/2 cup|
|Coriander Leaves (chopped)||To Garnish|
|Curry Leaves (Kadi Patta)||5-6 leaves|
- My Microwave sets to 900W at P100 (100% power), so the cooking duration may vary with yours. Please use the recipe as a guideline and work out the cooking time as per your MW.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the rawa for 1 minute. Stir and microwave for another 1 minute.Keep aside the rawa.
- Add oil, mustard seeds, soaked dal and peanuts, cover the lid (having some hole) and microwave it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all veggies, curry leaves and 1 tablespoon of water, cover the lid and microwave it for another 2 minutes.
- Now add water and salt, cover the lid and microwave it for 4 minutes. (First microwave it for 2 minutes, stir and again microwave for 2 minutes).
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with sambhar or chutney.
- You can add veggies of your choice.
- You can add more water depending on your taste. (If you follow my recipe, you will get almost dry upma.)