How to make idli in microwave | instant rava idli | microwave rava idli | instant idli recipe
For Idli Batter
- Jaggery – ½ cup
- Tamarind – ¼ cup
- Semolina/Sooji – ¾ cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Eno/Fruit Salt – 1 tsp
For Stuffing Idlis
- Chopped Capsicum – ½ cup
- Chopped Carrot – ½ cup
- Chopped Cabbage – ½ cup
- Veggies (your choice)
- Curry Leaves – 4-5
- Green Chillies – 1 (to taste)
- Coriander Leaves
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Amchur Powder – ½ tsp
- Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
For Kiwi Dip
- Kiwi – 1 medium sized
- Dates – 2
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Jaggery – 1 tbsp
- Oil – ½ tsp
- Mustard Seeds/ Rai – ¼ tsp
- Soak jaggery in little water overnight in one bowl.
- Soak tamarind in little water overnight in another bowl.
- For tamarind, squeeze and extract thick juice. Add little water, squeeze well and strain. Discard the pulp.
- Mix jaggery and tamarind water and add semolina in it. Add salt and keep batter aside for at least half an hour to settle.
- After 30 minutes, add water or sooji as required and make a batter which is neither thin nor thick.
For Idly Stuffing:
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves and let them splutter.
- Now add all the veggies, green chili, salt and amchur powder and saute on high flame till all the water evaporates.
- Keep aside to cool.
For Kiwi Dates Dip
- Peel and chop Kiwi.
- Remove the dates seeds and chop the dates.
- In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- Add chopped kiwi and dates in the pan and add very little water (1 tsp app) and cover the pan.
- Keep it for 5 – 10 min on low flame.
- Turn off the flame and add salt and jaggery.
- Let it cool and then grind it for dip consistency.
For Making Idli
- Pour 2 glasses water in cooker and heat over medium flame. Grease Idli Molds with oil. Add Eno in batter and stir. Do not overmix.
- Firstly, I have kept carrot capsicum flower on greased molds.
- Pour little batter, put some stuffing over it and again cover the stuffing with batter.
- Put idli mold in the cooker and cover the lid without the whistle and steam it for 5 minutes on medium flame and for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Turn off the gas and remove molds from the cooker. Let it cool a bit.
- Remove prepared idli from the molds.
- Serve idlis with kiwi dates dip.