vegetarian indian recipe | indian vegetarian recipes | indian food recipe | Vegetable recipes
It is the most popular street food loved by one and all. It can be eaten as a snack or as a meal in itself. It is also party time favorite. It is healthy and nutritious as well as it is made with lots of vegetables.
Cooking Time: 20 min
Preparation Time:15 min
Total Time: 35 min
|Potato||2 (big sized)|
|Carrot (peeled and chopped)||1 or 2|
|Peas (boiled)||1 cup|
|Onion (chopped)||2 (medium sized)|
|Tomato (chopped)||2 (medium sized)|
|Fresh coriander leaves (chopped)||1/2 cup|
|Ginger-Garlic Paste||1 tablespoon|
|Fennel Seeds||1 tablespoon|
|Mustard Seeds||1 tablespoon|
|Red Chilli Powder||2 tablespoon|
|Coriander Powder||1 tablespoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1 tablespoon|
|Garam Masala||1 1/2 tablespoon|
|Amchoor Powder||3 tablespoon|
|Pav Bhaji Masala||4 tablespoon|
|Lemon Juice||1 tablespoon|
- Boil potato, cauliflower and carrot in a pressure cooker till 3-4 whistles. Once the pressure escape out, mash all the vegetables and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add fennel seeds and mustard seeds till it gets crackle.
- Now add chopped onion and saute it till light brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and green chilli and stir fry for another one minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes, haldi powder, coriander powder, amchoor powder, red chilli powder, pav bhaji masala, salt and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring continuously or till oil separates from the masala.
- Now add mashed vegetables and one cup of water, bring it to a boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add garam masala, lemon juice and stirring continuously for 1-2 minutes.
- When completely cooked, add coriander leaves and butter over it.
- Slice pav horizontally into two and pan fry in butter for half a minute, pressing two or three times or till pav is crisp and light brown.
- Garnish the bhaji with chopped coriander leaves, remaining butter and serve hot with pav accompanied with remaining chopped onion and lemon wedges.
- You can make cheese pav bhaji, paneer pav bhaji, mushroom pav bhaji, dryfruit pav bhaji by adding these ingredients in the above method.