sweets recipes | indian sweet dish | indian sweet recipes | vegetarian indian recipe | indian vegetarian recipes | indian food recipe | Vegetable recipes
Platanos Machos, a mexican dish made of plantains (plantains are the member of banana family). Here, we are making it in Indian style with raw bananas and orange juice.This is a perfect healthy tasty dessert which is the combination of banana, orange juice, dry-fruits. I gave it the name as “Banana Murabba”.
Cooking Time: 15 min
Preparation Time:25 min
Total Time:40 min
|Green Bananas (Raw)||4|
|Icing Sugar||1/2 cup|
|orange juice||1 cup|
|Whipped Cream||2 tablespoon|
- Trim off stems, halve the bananas and boil them in water. (not over boiled)
- After boiling, peel it and sliced it lengthwise.
- In a bowl, combine orange juice with icing sugar and 1 tablespoon of sugar and mix it well.
- Melt 2 tablespoon of butter in 1 tablespoon of oil in non-stick pan (preferably) and place banana slices and fry it from both the sides till golden brown.
- If excess oil is remaining then drain the slices on absorbent paper.
- Now add 1/2 tbspn of oil in frying pan and place banana slices in it. Pour the orange juice mixture over it.
- Cook it on low flame for 5-10 minutes till the consistency of juice thickens and it coats the banana slices from both the sides.
- To serve, arrange banana slices with the orange sauce (orange juice thickens = orange sauce)on plate and decorate it with whipped cream and dry fruits and little sugar on top.