indian snacks | vegetarian indian snacks | indian snacks recipes
A tangy, spicy onions stuffed in puris, to make a crispy pyaz ki kachori. It is common rajasthani sanck, now become a common snack of all.
Cooking Time: 12 min
Preparation Time: 20 min
Total Time: 32 min
|Maida/ All purpose flour||1 cup|
|Sooji/ Rawa||¼ cup|
|Salt||1 teaspoon (for kneading)|
|Ajwain Seeds (Omam)||1 teaspoon|
|Water (lukewarm)||1 cup (for kneading)|
|Oil||2 tablespoon (to add in the dough), 1 tablespoon for making the onion mixture.|
|Oil/Refined||4-5 cups (for deep frying)|
|Mustard Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Cumin Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Fennel Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Red Chilli Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Amchoor (Dry Mango Powder)||1 ½ teaspoon|
- Add flour, refined, ajwain and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix well, then add water little by little and make stiff dough. Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes. Knead again to form smooth dough.
- Now heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a kadai. Add cumin seeds, asafoetida, mustard seeds, fennel seeds and coriander powder. When they starts changing the colour, add chopped onions.
- Saute onions till they change the colour to brown.
- Now add salt and red chilli powder.
- Fry it and keep aside this mixture to cool for 15 minutes.
- Smear your palm with little oil.
- Take small dough and make small small puris (very thin).
- Now put a little mixture of onion mix on it and fold it in any shape of your choice.
- Seal it using little amount of water on edges or u can seal it after folding the edges.
- Heat required oil in kadai and hot it. Now simmer the gas.
- Now add kachoris in the batches of 7-8 and deep fry on low flame till golden yellow in colour.
- Drain on a tissue and serve hot with chutney.