vegetarian indian recipe | indian vegetarian recipes | indian food recipe | Vegetable recipes
Spinach has a high nutritional value and rich in vitamins, iron and calcium. Let us combine the nutritional spinach with some seasonings which comes out as a very healthy and yummy snack.
Cooking Time:10 min
Preparation Time:10 min
Total Time: 20 min
Recipe Credit: Swati Chandra (Our Facebook Fan)
|Spinach (boiled)||1 bowl|
|Brown bread slices (sides slashed)||5-6|
|Ginger – Garlic paste||1 tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 tablespoon|
|Cheese (grated)||2-3 tablespoon|
|Red chilli powder||To Taste|
|Garam Masala||1/2 tablespoon|
|Oil||For shallow frying|
- Wash the spinach leaves. Bring it to boil, drain the excess water and put boiled leaves in cold water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Now add chopped onion and saute it till golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for another 1 minute.
- Add the sauted mixture in a mixing bowl, now add-in the spinach leaves, bread slices and all the seasonings and make a fine dough (if required some water may be added to make a smooth mixture).
- Divide the mixture into equal portions.
- Stuff each portions of mixture with grated cheese.
- Roll and shape into patties.
- Heat up oil in a pan and shallow fry patties till golden brown.
- Take off and remove onto a clean and absorbent kitchen towel; or paper.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or mint chutney.
- Put spinach in cold water after boiling to retain its colour and nutritions.