sweets recipes | indian sweet dish | indian sweet recipes | vegetarian indian recipe | indian vegetarian recipes | indian food recipe | Vegetable recipes
Sukhdi is a Gujarati dessert which can be made easily from commonly found ingredients at home. I tried it in Ahmedabad and now it is all time favorite of my all family members as it is easy and quick to make.
Cooking Time: 10 min
Preparation Time: 5 min
Total Time: 15 min
|Wheat Flour||2 cup|
|Jagerry (Gud) (grated or cut into very sall pieces)||1 3/4 cup|
- Keep a small tray/plate or a deep dish ready, greasing the bottom with a non-stick spray or ghee.
- Take kadai on middle flame and roast wheat flour, stirring continuously for 5 minutes.
- Add dry fruits also and continue to roast with flour.
- Add ghee and stirring continuously for another 1 minute .
- Add jaggery to it and turn off the gas immediately.
- When the jaggery is melted pour the hot wheat batter on the greased plate and spread the batter evenly on it.
- Let the mixture cool down, with the help of knife cut sukhdi into any desired shape.
- Decorate it with the cashewnuts.
- Your tasty sukhdi is ready and you can store it in a container for few weeks.
- You can sprinkle khus khus (poppy seeds), roasted til or coconut powder also.
- You can also add chocolate powder for your kids.
- You can also add grinded dry fruits for different taste.